PDA

View Full Version : cannot send messages

donna block
01-06-2005, 11:12 PM
I am receiving messages, but cannot reply or compose and send?????

donna block
01-06-2005, 11:13 PM
I am receiving messages, but cannot reply or compose and send?????
Is something going on at yahoo? I have never had the problem before...

Mr SupportSentry
01-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Donna, I just logged into a Yahoo mail account and it worked fine for me.

cgalenav
01-13-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm having the same problem. I've emailed them constantly for two days and no response. Please help!!!!!!!

bleuemoon
01-13-2005, 06:19 PM
i have been having the same problem. i can receive and read e-mails. but i can't send. i can compose just fine, however. my sister who is also a mac user is having the same problem. it isn't a bowser problem because i tried on different browsers.

Mr SupportSentry
01-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Interesting, I was going to suggest that it might be from the new Internet Explorer patch they released. That thing is a real beauty. Did any of you update your IE lately?

Cabo
01-20-2005, 07:59 AM
I'm having problems also...I can't reply to any of my emails. It has been a problem for almost 2 1/2 months. What do I have to do? Help!!! Help!!! Help!!!

wildchild
03-22-2005, 11:53 PM
I have had the same problem on and off for a while. I cant send emails I can recieve them but not send them from my computer, if I use another computer I can but why is mine blocked and whats making it turn on and off whenever it wants? And why won't yahoo help :mad: :mad: ? Its good to know Im not alone Im going to try that patch I read about while I wait for a reply.
Thanks

kaufam71245
04-11-2005, 04:10 PM
I recently opened an account with Yahoo, but I'm not able to access/write in the Subject field to compose an e-mail. I see I'm not the only one with this dilema. :( If anyone figures anything out regarding this, please let the rest of us know. Thanks! (In the meantime, I guess I'll just keep using my Hotmail - It works great!)

patricia
04-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi,

I am having the same problem with my yahoo mail, I am unable to send or reply to messages. The rest of my family can though through their yahoo email. However I can send an Ecard and pictures from my yahoo photo album, My mail home page also has a different design to the rest of my family. I have tried contacting yahoo like yourselves but to no avail. In the frustrating proccess of trying to contact yahoo my friend sent me an invitation to join Gmail (Google) and it has turned out to be better even though it is in its infancy stage so if anyone wants me to send them an invitation just let me know and I will send it to you (from my gmail address of course)

TerminalDogma
04-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Download the newest version of Java (www.java.com), install, and restart.
Clear cookies and cache. Chances are its a configuration or connection issue on your end.

Cornholio
07-23-2005, 09:37 PM
FYI,

I had the same problem with my Yahoo email. I could receive and compose messages, but it would not let me send messages or replies. I would get a "page cannot be displayed" error message. I opened a hotmail account to see if I could send a message but that wouldn't work either. I could send email from Yahoo with my computer at work though. I thought it was an Internet Explorer problem but it was not.

It turned out to be an adware / spyware program that was on my computer. My firewall/anti-spyware/anti-virus program did not detect it, but Microsoft's free beta version of AntiSpyware detected 3 spyware/adware programs on my PC. The 3 programs were called Marketscore.InternetAccelerator, Coolsavings Coupon Manager, and WhenU.SaveNow. One of them was the culprit because after I removed them, I could send email messages from my Yahoo account.

You can download the free beta version of MS AntiSpyware on Microsoft's website.

I hope this information helps someone out there.

Cornholio
07-24-2005, 03:30 AM
I also forgot to mention another possible reason for not being able to send email from Yahoo. It may not have been the adware / spyware that MS AntiSpyware detected. It may have been my anti-virus program.

I went to the website of my anti-virus/firewall/anti-spyware software manufacturer and had them perform a scan on my PC for updates. I had some files that may have been corrupted, which were fixed. It is possible that the anti-virus software was causing the problem because it got infected or corrupted.

To check if this is your problem, try deactivating your anti-virus / anti-spyware program and then go into Yahoo and try to send an email message. If you are able to send an email, then try uninstalling the anti-virus program and re-installing it. Make sure to download any updates from the manufacturer. See if you can send email from Yahoo again.

Maria1
07-24-2005, 05:13 PM
I can not sign in Yahoo messenger ,plaese help. God Bless, My e- mail address is Mablghs@Aol.com :mad: :mad:

vinod_vasavan
07-25-2005, 05:43 PM
from last week onwards im not able to check my mails. im able to login to my account but from there im not able to move further.not even able to compose, check mails, compose. Whan clicking the corresponding links the process bar will go till 4 and shows NO PAGE TO DISPLAY CANNOT FIND SERVER. this is my official mail id . so im in real trouble please help.
my email is vinod_vasavan@yahoo.com

Mr SupportSentry
07-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Vinod, have you tried to send email from another computer?

sattler_richard
08-26-2005, 03:13 AM
Every time I want to do a reply or send a message it won't let me put in addresses. Any body HELP

dgarvey
11-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Since Wed., 11/16/05 I have been unable to Compose, Reply to emails, or send from Draft emails. I can get into my mail ok, but once I attempt to send in any of these venues, I get the response/compose page but the input text box in Compose or the previous email text box in Reply is missing, just not there. Therefore, there is no way to post text. This is the first occurrence of this kind of problem for me in 7 years with yahoo mail.

As far as I know, I didn't do anything to update IE.

The only events just prior to the problem were an unusual series of about 7-8 repetitious spam emails which appeared in my inbox earlier that day(unusual for me). I deleted all without opening. I had done a fairly long video clip download (I'm on dial up service) from a friend's email link (video service through youtube), and I did delete all cookies (incl. yahoo mail) prior to the problem, but had done that many times before without incurring any difficulties.

I sent a problem report to yahoo mail on their help link but have had no reply yet. After reading other notices on this site, it would appear that I shouldn't hold my breath. Any advice? Thanks.

dgarvey
11-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Another note and update to the above mentioned email compose prob. I forgot that I had also done an update to my Norton Antivirus Virus definitions that same day (Wed. 11/16/05). I did today try disabling my antivirus software, deleting cookies again and restart Yahoo mail but to no avail. Still have same problem.

I did find a partially satisfactory solution though through the Yahoo Mail customer support number that I found at this site (the 408-349-1572 number). They gave me a work around by using Options>General Preferences>Composing E-mails and toggling that to plain text instead of colors and graphics and saving that setting. When I did so, I could get a text box to input to for composing or replying. It is like the old days of yahoo mail and isn't the greatest, but will do for now.

cal7us
11-27-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm glad I finally found a place where there might be some answers from other disgrunteled yahoo customers. Sadly it looks like there is little chance that yahoo support will respond. Yes, I've tried Yahoo help to no avail.

I'm having the same exact problems as described by dgarvey. I update my Norton AntiVirus regularly. My probelms started earlier in November. Won't let me send, or copy (from a doc) into the reply field. I also noticed more spam getting through in my yahoo account.

I won't hold my breath for help from yahoo, but I will attempt all the fixes described here. Thanks for the help, yahoo users.

julieanne323
01-13-2006, 12:42 AM
I have been having the same problem....not being able to forward or reply to yahoo emails. I can compose and receive emails but just can't forward or reply to them. I get a message in the bottom left corner saying 'error on page'. I called my IT&S dept for the company I work for and he fixed this for me. I asked him to explain what he did and here is what he told me. He said he went to the temporary internet files on my laptop and deleted a file called 'active x plug'. Apparently this is a file that allows you to do several things like read emails, etc-to be honest, he didn't go into what it was too much in detail. He said to delete the 'active x plug' file then log off and back on to yahoo. He said this way it uninstalls it then reinstalls it the way it initially was before it was messed up and it should work correctly now. He did it to my laptop and immediately I was able to reply and forward on yahoo. Hope this helps you guys.

Julie