Support Sentry Forums

Support Sentry Forums (http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints (http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Yahoo Email/My Yahoo (http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578)

Jilly 10-12-2006 07:53 PM

Yahoo Email/My Yahoo

I cannot log into ANYTHING yahoo. I could at my job today but when I get home it will not do anything!! I called them and they said it was a problem they had already been notified about, however, why could i get on everything 20 minutes prior at work, same internet provider and everything? They said it may be 24 hours before it's resolved. I'm so confused! Also, wanted to add that if it wasn't for this website, i would have NEVER found ANY number to call them. Whomever posted that. THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!

redtabby789 10-12-2006 10:06 PM

Me Too!

I havent been able to log onto anything in yahoo all day! Not answers, not email, not 360. I can view other people's 360 pages when I type in their direct url addys, and I can see that my friends are updating their pages and leaving each other messages. So I thought this was something just affecting me.

I did create a SIGN IN SEAL to protect myself from phishing, and when I go to the log in page usually the sign in seal is there to show me it is an official yahoo page. I do notice now that when I go to any sign in page, that sign in seal is not there, and neither is the little corner that says "click here to create sign in seal." It seems to be looking like the OLD yahoo sign in page now.

I wonder if that has something to do with this? I managed to get a peek at yahoo answers just briefly, when one time I clicked a link and got in , but still could not sign in...I could just see the main page. I could see other people had posted questions just minutes before. So again, I figured somehow everyone else must be able to get on but me. I'm not sure now. I was searching for help and found your entry. Maybe it isn't "just me" after All. I live in Illinois. I tried to sign in through other places, like yahoo UK, but that didnt work either.

I can see these other people's answers, 360, and other yahoo pages, but I cant sign in to join! How odd!

How are all these other people able to update their blogs and things? I dont get it. Either its down or its not, right?

Hmmm. It is a mystery!

Jilly 10-13-2006 02:34 PM

Wow!

Well I hate that this is happening to you too but at least it is nice to know that it isn't my computer. I still cannot do anything. I'm able to do the yahoo messenger and that's really about it. Thankyou for your reply. Hope it's up and running sooooooon!!! :)

Jilly 10-14-2006 12:18 AM

Yahoo Still Not Working!

Is there anyone who has yahoo that is functioning? I still cannot do diddly squat!! It has been 3 days now. When I spoke to them last, (yesterday) they said it would be resolved within 24 hours! :mad: Mine is NOT resolved. Just curious to see if anyone is able to use theirs yet!! :confused:

melandtroyus 10-14-2006 02:04 AM

not working

Mine is still not working either. It went out early yesterday. I tried getting on at 7:30 in the morning yesterday, and still nothing. My brother has yahoo though, and he said he isn't having problems?????

Jilly 10-14-2006 02:17 AM

????

That's just it! I don't understand why some do and some don't. I live in a town of 1600 people, my neighbors have no problems but I do. We have the same internet provider, and yet some across town can't get on either.

robbilayne 10-14-2006 04:00 PM

No yahoo here either!

I cannot log on to anything yahoo since 10/12/06 either, including my email, but my daughter 20 miles away can. I'm in Missouri. I tried calling 866 562 7219, but the automated voice said the only customer service available to 'free yahoo users' is online at their help center. Of course, since I cannot log on to ANYTHING yahoo, I can't access that either. Any suggestions? LOL...using [email]robbilayne@myway.com[/email] for the moment or maybe forever? :(

Ken Fasano 10-15-2006 04:06 PM

Can't sign in to Yahoo? either

Just add my name to the list. I'm in Des Moines. Does it have anything to do with using their new email app? I'm completely shut out, and have already changed my email. Now all I want to do is change my groups account to point to the new email. I'm using the latest software (everything updated as of last night), the computer is virus checked (AVG), has a firewall (Zone Alarm). I'm sure glad that I'm not the only one - it's not my computer, it's Yahoo?. I'll be checking this site to see how things progress, since Yahoo? won't tell.

Thanks! :)

Jilly 10-15-2006 05:01 PM

Still Not Working!

My Internet Provider is through Mediacom. I finally got a reply back from them and this is what it said; Mediacom is still working on a resolution for the Yahoo.com access. It appears to be an issue with the DNS (Domain Name Server) not allowing access to secure web sites. Whatever that means! If anyone gets their Yahoo services back, please post it so I can kind of see how it's progressing.
Thankyou so much!

redtabby789 10-15-2006 06:37 PM

I have mediacom too so that must be it

so I guess that's what is causing my problems too.