Support Sentry Forums

Support Sentry Forums (http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints (http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Account deactivated (http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438)

vmartim1960 04-17-2006 10:16 PM

Account deactivated

Last night Yahoo apparently deactivated my account.Has anyone had experience with this?How do you get a response out of these people so that I can at least learn why my account was deactivated (none of the TOS reasons apply)and get in long enough to get my saved email and adress book out.

cathode23 04-24-2006 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmartim1960
Last night Yahoo apparently deactivated my account.Has anyone had experience with this?How do you get a response out of these people so that I can at least learn why my account was deactivated (none of the TOS reasons apply)and get in long enough to get my saved email and adress book out.

Yup, happened to me too. I have emailed them. I can't seem to find the phone number to call.

Do you know of a phone number to call?

Aj

cathode23 04-24-2006 06:52 PM

Ok, figured out my issue. Yahoo has scrapped its "Yahoo Plus!" program, so my memership to THAT has been cancelled.

My account as such is working fine. I had not received any mail regarding this so I was confused!

Aj

dalmatian_knight 04-28-2006 12:15 AM

I had an account in 2002/03 that got blocked by Yahoo. I tried just about everything but to no avail.
Thing is, I had a site on geocities on that same account, and unfortinatelly I happend to have uploaded some photos of my self on there.
Today,.. the site is still there, with my photo,.. I just can't get to it.
Its like the username does not exist, but the page is still active (which doesn't make sence).

It would be nice if Yahoo could just take down my photos!!

Gemma 05-13-2006 06:53 PM

SBC Yahoo! Service Cancellation

:mad: I have been unable to log into my Yahoo e-mail account for a few days now. When I log in, I get this message: "You no longer have access to your SBC Yahoo! account because your SBC Yahoo! Internet services have been canceled. Choose Transfer information to create a new free Yahoo! account so we can transfer your existing settings and personal information such as your email messages, address book entries, and photos." I click on "Transfer information" and get the message "Sorry, we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later." I have tried many times to log in, and I get the same error messages. I do not even have the SBC Yahoo! Internet service. However, many years ago I had Prodigy internet which switched to SBC Yahoo. I had to create a Yahoo e-mail address and merge my prodigy e-mail address with it. I got no warning from Yahoo that this was going to happen. I e-mailed Yahoo at [email]account-security@yahoo-inc.com[/email] and hope they will respond soon!

wpwarhawk 05-14-2006 07:50 PM

Gemma, I had the exact same thing happen to me on Thursday. The automated Yahoo customer support didn't help, and I did finally find a phone number for Yahoo cust support, and even talked to a live human (apparently one in India by the accent). I was promised a return phone call by a "higher up" in Yahoo customer service. So far, nothing.

I will say one thing for Yahoo, I got exactly what I paid for ... nothing.

wpwarhawk 05-14-2006 07:52 PM

Also, if you check the Yahoo answers site. You'll find several folks who have experienced account cancellation. So far I havne't found anyone who was able to have their access reinstated.

dds 05-14-2006 11:24 PM

yahoo account deactivated

I have had the same problem with my Yahoo account-got the same response about SBC-we don't even have SBC where I live!

billiard13 05-15-2006 06:58 AM

I've had my yahoo account for over seven years and it just simply stopped working last night. It won't accept my user ID nor my password and it won't accept my personal info in an attempt to reset the password. None of this info has changed in over seven years, yet out of the blue, yahoo won't recognize any of it.

So much for email and fantasy sports teams on yahoo mid-season. Nice work Yahoo techies. If anyone ever gets a number to call or has a clue why this happened please let me know.

Thanks,
Claud

arlenea1218 05-15-2006 10:19 PM

hello, yes, the exact same incident happened to me. on april 1st, my yahoo email account was deactivated for no reasons. it was working the day before and all of a sudden my user name & password wasn't working. i contacted yahoo through email: [email]account-security@cc.yahoo-inc.com[/email]. not only my account was deactivated, my entire profile was changed...yes, it was scary. i have provided them my profile info such as dob, location zip code, & secret question and it didn't match my file. well, according to the tech support, the zip code didn't match but the rest did.

on each of my email responses to them, i have asked them what phone # can i contact them directly but they ignored my question. now, my friend happens to have a friend at yahoo IT support. i just contacted her last week. if ever i get a "REAL" phone # where I can contact them w/ an alive human operator, i will definitely post it in on this site.

arlene