View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 08:40 PM
eibgrad

Angry

Holy cow, I thought it was just me!

I've been locked out of my account with the "temporary unavailable" message since 5:00PM on 6/21/06! A week w/o my email, I'm goin' nuts.

I've tried repeatedly to use the Yahoo email contact, but it's worthless. All I received back was the same stupid standard form response they initially send out to everyone w/ the same error message. I then responded to the email (which it says to do) if I still had problems. As of today, no further responses have been forthcoming. I then tried send another initial email request stating the problem again, twice, w/ no response AT ALL! Then the topper, I received today an email asking me to take a survey regarding their handling of my email inquiry!

Frustrating, incredibly frustrating, since NO ONE there apparently gives a damn about this problem.

I've tried everything imaginable, including different PCs, different OS's, deleting cookies, rebooting, different browsers (IE, FF, Opera), even tried the new beta release, you name it, nothing helps. And since I can't find a tech support phone #, what's left to do??

If someone finds some "magical" means to fix this problem, please post it! I suspect the mailbox is corrupted and will require a hard reset on the server side to get past this problem. Perhaps even the loss of existing email. I've been using Yahoo mail since 1999, never once had anything like this happen. I have had the "temp unavailable" error before, but it's always been easily correctable w/ a logout/login sequence. Never had it be out for a WEEK!

I'm at my wits end on this one.