View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 08:15 AM
scooter

Default Phished...hoping to find relief

Same story as many people on this board. I got an offline IM from a name I recognized. The message only had the url to a Geocities site ( [url]http://geocities.com/gpww09/[/url] ). When I went there, I got the phishing site (Yahoo photos, in this case). I dumbly entered my username and password, and the site just recycled back to itself. "Weird, " I thought... and didn't think much else of it. Later on that day (yesterday - it's 1:00 in the morning now), I noticed I couldn't log in to my Yahoo accounts. I still didn't think much of it, until I did a search... and found this forum.

I shot off an e-mail to the customer service address, and got the autoreply, which I immediately replied to. I *think* I remembered my secret question... I believe mine was the street I grew up on. Who knows... I first registered with Yahoo almost nine years ago.

I called the number for customer service, and they say call back at 6 AM. I'm going to try to get some sleep, while some creep has all the e-mails my wife sent to me while we were dating... not to mention almost every other e-mail I've deemed important over the past nine years.

I'm sick over this. Really, I am.