View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 04:58 PM
alex_jebsen@yahoo.com

Default Fax number for Yahoo Doesnt work

Hi guys-

I am joing this forum because I too had problem accessing my account. It all started one night when I was trying to retrieve my Instant Messenger username and password. I thought I had forgotten my Yahoo IM password so I requested a new one be sent to my e-mail when I didn't see it after a few minutes in my e-mail I closed my window and tried to re-open it when I tried to do this it said my password and ID were wrong. Which confused me because I NEVER lost my password for my e-mail or lost it. However my solution to this was to just get a new password. But I had forgotten that I hadn't updated my registration information and therefore my alternative e-mail was invalid and I also had forgotten the answer to my "secret question" and as you know Yahoo! won't give you any help unless you answer that damn question. SO I thought I am screwed.

Then I found Alex30 had posted a fax number and so I wrote a letter copied my Driver license and gave a good description of my Account that would make it unique to me.

But now that I have done that I tried to fax the thing and it doesn't WORK it just rings and rings until it hangs up on you.
Then I tried to call the phone number and all I got was someones private Voicemail.

I am at my wits end. To top it all of now taht I have had heard from others and their frustrations I am now considering that maybe someone "phised" me or " Spoofed me" and changed my info. and is trying to steal my ID.

So if someone else can provide a Fax number for yahoo! Customer Account Recovery team PLEASE E-mail me or post on here. I will be checking this too see if anyone has an ideas as to what I should do.

Thanks,
Another Alex