View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 08:56 PM
tan_fl_legs

Default YES... there are hackers in messenger BIG TIME

Today my "hacker" changed my password and I too am at a loss as to what to do as I cannot remember my information I gave Yahoo as well. Let me tell you what is going on... a HACKER snake, by the name of LEO has developed a program that attaches itself to your computer and it cannot be detected (my computer guy was here for 3 hours on Sunday and could not find it, hence I have to wipe out enverything and begin again). There is a site that very SICK people can "donate" $35 to get it. It gets into your messenger (but as far as I and the police know..yes there were here chatting with the guy who was extorting money from me), and you lose control of it; anytime you change your password, the hacker knows it. There are even programs that will allow him to see your CAM and you would never know it. I came across it Friday when I was cleaning out my archives and saw a name I did not recognize. I then say my nic, password, ID number and what I had written to someone for the past 5 days! I then remembered that whenever I had turned on messenger, something like a fast offline message box came on and my menu liked blinked, but I shrugged it off. THe more I read of my messages, the angier I got. It had a website there YJacked by Leo and its address but it then requested I go to another site from there. I went there and saw all the sick minds who bought this program and I suspect people pleaing as LEO is in charge and will let only certain messages be published on the boards. I was now scared as well as angry so I pmed the HACKER, and in a few minutes he anwered me back. He tols me he had been in my files for 3 months; thought I was cute and wanted to get to see some pics if I sent them or a cam, as well as my ss and cc numbers. I began to panic... I asked him what he had and told me to hold on, and came back telling me he had my identity, and that he was selling it as well as my friends. I called the police and they came and one officer pretended to be me. After an hour, it was determined he could sell my ID to another guy whe was talking to for 120 or to me (as I was cute) for 60 and to send the money to a fake msc via paypal. When we asked for specific info, he told me it would take 2 hours to get, but the officer felt he was bluffing and this was just extortion. He asked for my friends names, and he said to wait, but after 10 minutes the officer said bye, as this was enough. I got an offline from him telling me he had 5 names, but did not say who they were. I changed by password, but it came up via his account again...I then wrote Yahoo and the FBI and maybe he lost his account due to it, hence he changed mine. I just hope he does not change my profile (it is this name) or has taken over my "being" on here. I told most of my friends via email not to use my messenger..but who knows?? I am soooo angry and upset and PLEASE pass this info around to all... people like these need to be stopped and maybe even shot!