View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 09:48 AM
randy12085

Default Yahoo customer non-care

Quote:
Originally Posted by victim_pwd_plshelp
Hey Randy,

I was so glad on reading your response and to know that perseverance really works. Its been more than a month since my account got hacked under the same phishing scam. And I have tried sending all the possible information that I remembered but to no avail. They just wont listen. I am tired of explaining them that the information is compromised but they wont just consider that fact.

Is there a way that I can convince them ? I have even asked them if they want me to send my photo ids or any other identity.

Please let me know how should I go about it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Unfortunately we are dealing with an organization that is screwed up and KNOWS it is screwed up but does not care. Heck, go to their corporate information page where the bios of their top execs are listed with their em links. Above the links is a notice that if you write to these people re: a customer care issue THEY WILL NOT RESPOND!

Arrogance? Is it a free service when you are bombarded with advertising every time you manage to access it?

Other than multiple requests to account security our only other means of addressing these problems is to get their attention by addressing the issues in open media such as letters to pc mags and other online services. Contact sales depts at their advertisers and inform them that they are associated with a service that refuses to acknowledge customer relations.

Does it sound too David and Goliath to you? Glance at how many people have read these posts. Now imagine that each one of those people conacted,say, Disney. Do you think that if Disney gets 1000 em complaining about yahoo that they wouldn't contact yahoo? And thats if we each sent only one a piece.

I do believe that if enough people work to affect the bottom line at yahoo they will have to listen. If we are irritated enough to send 30 em to yahoo customer non-care we should be motivated enough to send 30 em to their advertisers.

I wish you success. Randy