View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 05:44 PM
DRofHAPPINESS

Talking SUCCESS... FINALLY got account back

I finally had success in recovering my account. I used the following contact address that I found in one of the following threads here: [email]account-security@yahoo-inc.com[/email]

I wrote and told them the problem, plus included a letter and description of some of the complaints on this forum. They then sent back a questionaire. You answer this questionaire and reply to them, making sure that you leave the subject line unchanged, as it has your complaint file number in for all future correspondence. It took me about a week to get them to straighten things out, but that was because I also used to have a yahoo.ca account with the same preface, so they were trying to activate that one at first.

Near the end, they will also ask you for an alternate email address. I suggest that you use something other than a yahoo based one. Also, when I went to change my password that they had sent to me, the page that they linked me too wouldn't work. So I had to go into my email, then into MY ACCOUNT and access change password there.

BTW, the person who hacked my account had the nerve to change the account users name to 'MR. I Bin Owned'. May someone pour honey all over his testicles and then let the fire ants loose.

DOC