View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 02:33 AM
Beth Kordick

Default Technician - No Show

I run a small business and depend upon phone, internet and fax access. On January 28, 2005, a technicain was scheduled to install lines at my new office between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. When no one showed by noon, I called SBC to inquire about the status of my order. They told me that I was next on the list and that a technician would be there within an hour. After two hours and no technician, I called again and again was told that I was next on the list and that a technician would be there within the hour. Same scenario two more times. Finally, at 5:30 pm, I phoned SBC again, and was told they had no record of my earlier phone calls, but that they would try to locate a technician to install the lines. After waiting on hold for 30 minutes, they told me to hang up and they would call me back. At 6:00 pm I left my office for 5 minuetes to grap something to eat. The phone rang, and a technician told me that he was at my office. I begged him to wait for five minutes, but when I returned to the office, he was gone. I called back SBC and they told me that I would have to wait six more days before they could send someone out again.