View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 11:16 PM
jking233

Default Can't log into Yahoo messenger or mail!

Ok People,

My Yahoo Account got hacked yesterday. I did all the “if you forgot your user name or password” stuff got the same E-mail as everyone else has. I called 866 562-7219 waited about 10 min I think his name was Max who I talked with. I can tell you FIRST and foremost BE NICE and POLITE. I told him my whole story yada yada…. gave him my DOB ZIP etc. My Zip did not match I give him all 3 Zips sense I set this up account about 10 years ago. One thing that was interesting he asked me to answer to my Security Question. I told him I did not know what the question was. He told me the question was “what is First Name”? Not what is my first name or what my mom or dads or kid or dog first name just “what is first name” I give him my first name my moms dads dogs etc… first name. Then he asked me for an E-mail “outside” of yahoo to send a temp password. Before I got off the phone I had it and he waited for me to try it I did and got right in. One thing that we need to realized the yahoo is a FREE service when it comes to E-mail and messenger. They don’t really use TOS at all because it is a free service. I would say to people if you want to keep important INFO, I would not use Yahoo I would use your ISP E-mail because that mail stays on their E-mail server and if they had to they could get it back for you. Hope this helps and remember being NICE and POLITE to Customer NO service can sometimes work!!