View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 PM
jhepn

Default another yahoo account hacked

My account was also hacked into this morning. For about the past 7 hours, I have been unable to access any of my Yahoo account information as someone/something has apparently changed my password. The obvious concern is that this is the beginning of potential identity theft.
I found in this thread the phone numbers to reach Yahoo, which are, as indicated by the very presence of this thread, obscurely located on the Yahoo site at best. I googled it and found the numbers much easier (hmmmm?). So, upon contacting a "human" (and I use the term loosely), I was told that I no longer had a secret question to validate my account. Apparently the hacker took care of that first. So then I was asked for my credit card that they have in their system. I told them I have several cards and had no idea which one they had. After providing her with 3 cards, none of which matched, I was told that there was nothing that they could do to unlock my password.
Ok, frustration mounting. I was then told to email their security team:
[email]account-security@cc.yahoo-inc.com[/email]
which I then did. Of course, I quickly received an automated reply, which only raised the levels of frustration. I then documented the entire story to date and re-emailed the security team. As of now, I have not heard anything back.

So this is where it stands as of now. The very same thing happened to me about 6 months ago. I basically went down the same road, culminating in having to send over a copy of a birth certificate and drivers license via fax to their security team. Needless to say, the process took about 3 days before it was resolved. I can only hope that it works this time.

I would love to have a place to file a legal complaint. Any thoughts??