View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 03:48 AM
Trey

Werner is 100 % correct,I have seen a lot of these of late,always with a ominous warning in the subject line that tries to scare you to open it,always with a forged e-mail header.

Almost all ISP's will not send you a notification that your account is being closed,they just do it and then you have to call them and find out why.

Secondly people,why in the world would they send you a e-mail with a zip attachment ?...first off if you open attachments your asking for it,and I mean from anyone including friends,do you know if your Friends computer is clean,do you know that some Trojans and/or viruses go right for the persons address book and sends it's self out to everyone in it ?.....I have two people that I will open attachments from because they are knowledgeable on security measures and know to protect their machines from attack,that's it,some friends I delete thier e-mail with out opening it and I tell them do not send attachments becuase it will not be read

Why does anyone in this day and age not have a virus scan that checks
e-mail,Trojan protection,and a firewall ?..it's too bad that the internet has come to this in just a few short years but the sad truth is you have to protect your self,A word of warning to those who are lax about this,ISP's are at the point to where if your running a zombie box your account is going to be suspended till you fix it,mine(Adelphia Cable is doing this now) I hate spam and It makes me more upset from my own ISP's domain,and yes I report every single piece of spam and every connection attempt made from my ISP's domain.I would wager that 90% of those IP addy's the owner doesn't even know that they are infected.

Bottom line is this take responsibility for your own security,don't believe that e-mail is from who it purports to be and if you get a e-mail over 45KB in size or it has a attachment delete it,size alone is a big tip off that you have been sent a virus.

Educate yourself and at the least get one of those all in one security suites that a lot of ISP's are offering,it's better than nothing.

~Trey~