View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 10:00 PM
shirleygirl

Default Yahoo Customer Service does not exist

I have been trying for 2 weeks to contact Yahoo Customer Service. All the response I have received is their automatic message telling me to check their FAQ and post my question if I don't find what I need. I have done this and I get back a message that they will contact me within 24 hours. NOT!

Here is my problem. If any of you out there know what I can do, your help will be more than appreciated.

Last week I began receiving this annoying little pop-up from Yahoo Answers.
It works continously and interrups my work. I work on line all day long and have to X off their little box each time. If I accidentally try to scroll down on the site I am working in, the whole screen becomes Yahoo Answers and then I have to X that off before I can continue with my work. Over a day's work it amounts to a lot of wasted time.

I have checked their entire site including the Yahoo Answers site and there is no place that I can see where I can disable or discontinue this service, which I did not request in the first place.

I called 800 information and got a number for Yahoo/ATT Hi Speed Internet Service...(866-722-9246), and I actually spoke to a real person. She was very nice, but works for ATT and could only give me other numbers for Yahoo CS 866-383-2257 and Sales 408-349-1572. Can you believe the Customer Service number is disconnected!? The Sales number has a recording and their hours are 7A-7P CST Mon-Fri. So whatever help that is to anyone...good luck.

As for me, if you know how I can get rid of Yahoo Answers I would love to know.
I will call the Sales number on Monday to see if they can help me as well, and will give you a report on that.

It is totally unacceptable not to be able to reach either a live person or receive a specific response after a reasonable amount of time.

SIL