Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > SBC Customer Service Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2005, 11:36 PM
YahooFrustrated

Default SBC/Yahoo Mail Server Crash

The following is an SBC Yahoo Customer Service email I sent via their Feedback form. Sorry it's a little lenghthy, however it is important information for you SBC YAHOO USERS.

To: SBC & Yahoo:
Subject: SBC Yahoo Mailer Server Crash July 2005

I AM NOT EVEN SURE A REAL PERSON WILL REPLY TO THIS. I WILL PROBABLY GET AN AUTO RESPONSE REPLY WHICH MEANS THIS WILL PROBABLY GET FILED UNDER BLACKHOLE EMAIL WITH ALL THE OTHER CUSTOMER FEEDBACK EMAILS. ATTENTION YAHOO: IT WON'T DO YOU ANY GOOD TO REPLY TO ME ON MY YAHOO EMAIL ACCOUNT BECAUSE THE MAIL SERVER IS DOWN AND I CAN'T GET MY EMAILS...... SO USE MY ALTERNATE EMAIL ADDRESS LISTED ABOVE!!!!!

I have posted the following information on numerous Customer Service Forum Websites, all of which have several postings from other SBC Yahoo users with the same complaints & problems.

SBC YAHOO: If you care to see how other SBC Yahoo users feel about your service or lack there of go to:

[url]http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/showthread[/url] or [url]http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=7[/url]

The following is my posting:
ATTENTION ALL SBC YAHOO MAIL & MESSENGER USERS: I have not been able to access my email account since July 9th. I have spent too much time trying to get a competent person who can give me answers. I spent nearly 3 hours on the phone the first day July 9th with an SBC Cust. Rep. resetting passwords, home page defaults and ip addresses over and over again. No Luck! It was now the week end and of course no one is going to deal with it on the week end. It wasn't until July 12th that I finally got some answers. There mail server had been down since July 9th, however they had not addressed the issue or informed Customer Service of status. I found out about the problems with the server from another SBC Customer Rep. I just happen to get lucky and got a person who cared enough to take the time to research it, however getting a good CSR is a rarity It was not an easy task for this person to get answers and they are part of a Company that owns Yahoo. If their internal customer service people have problems getting information, we are out of luck as paying customers. I am so fed up with Yahoo and SBC ignoring the customer and making it literally impossible to get a hold of them in hopes that we will just give up.
THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING WE CAN DO COLLECTIVELY TO GET THEM TO ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM.

Current Status on this problem is as follows: The mail server came back up temporarily on July 13th and then crashed again. It is now July 15th and once again the week end is upon us and I can not access my emails, some of which are very critical. I called Cust. Service spent 14 minutes on hold just to get a very incompetent Cust.Service person who did not have a clue about this problem and did not seem to care. I had to tell them about the problem and the fact that the mail server had been down since July 9th. The response I got was it is Yahoo's problem not ours.

GETTING IN CONTACT WITH YAHOO DIRECTLY IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE
I am soooooooo fed up with SBC Yahoo!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Mr SupportSentry

what is the physical address of the mail machine you are attempting to contact?