Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2005, 10:46 PM
mikap

Thumbs down TOSed by Yahoo

On Friday 3/4/05 Yahoo, summarily and without warning, closed my e-mail account. I tried calling on Monday 3/7/05. All they said was I violated their TOS agreement. They wouldn't tell me what specifically I did wrong and I am unable to retrieve any of my saved e-mails permanently.

Anyone going through the same thing?

thanks

mika
Old 03-08-2005, 02:55 AM
Mr SupportSentry

Mika,

what were you doing with your Yahoo! mail account that would be considered to be against the TOS?
Old 03-08-2005, 06:42 AM
mikap

Default Possible TOS violation

The only thing I can think of is that I had a Yahoo group where I was offering to sell movies (legitimately) via my relplaytv. I think it goes against their policy of soliciting outside of Yahoo Shopping.

That's just a guess I have no idea since they won't tell me for sure.

But even if the group was against their policy I don't think it's fair that they would shut down my mail as well. Or at least give me a warning.

Mika
Old 03-10-2005, 08:43 PM
jzblaze

boycott those idiots.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Mr SupportSentry

Mika, just curious. How can you "legitimately" sell movies from your replay tv?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:58 AM
kwv

Default TOS does Yahoo have one?

I don't think Yahoo Staff knows if Yahoo has a TOS because one one hand Yahoo Staff said the spam I got is against The TOS and will be looked into but a similar spam I got Yahoo Staff there is nothing Yahoo can do.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:22 AM
popdaddy

Default Same thing happened to us!

the same thing happened to my wife's account. last night everthing was fine. this morning she couldn't log on. after trying to reset her password she got a message saying her account was deactivated! all she does is email with friends and family!!!!! nothing else!!!!! VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 11:20 PM
smartalex

Default I got my life back!!

I was TOSsed too, but apparantly Yahoo finally realized they screwed up. I filled out a BBB complaint.
(Read how to do it here: [url=http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360&page=1&pp=10]Does anyone know who regulates yahoo's business practices?[/url])

I demanded that if yahoo has proof that I violated their TOS, I want to see that proof and if they do not have proof then I want access to my account or a CD with all of my account data on it. And I asked for a refund for the billpay that I didn't have access to.

It appeared that nothing was happening and I was being patient and then I just happened to look at some old CCard bills. I must have missed one month because I saw on there a charge for 19.99 from Yahoo mail. I am not a paying customer of yahoo mail plus so obviously someone (not me) screwed up. I spoke to yahoo (luckily there's a number on the CCard bill - of course it's long distance unlike all of the other ones on my bill which are 800 numbers) and they refunded me the 19.99 and the ONE single nice customer service agent at yahoo forwarded me to the account verification department so I could try to get my account back... (sigh) again. I checked and it's the same number that is floating around here on this forum (408)349-1572. Unbelievably someone picked up almost immediately (very wierd, the last time it took over an hour) and I met with the typical yahoo "I don't care" resistance. But an interesting thing happened.. he said "have you tried to log in lately?" So I did, and it appeared that they actually reactivated my account, but I couldn't actually log in since apparantly I didn't know my password. Since my secret question is "What is your favorite" (favorite what?) I couldn't verify it for him. But about 15 minutes after I hung up with the #@%# at yahoo, I remembered that I tried to log in with my old password instead of my new one, which I changed a few months ago. I tried the new one and...
WOOOHOOOO!!!!! I GOT MY LIFE BACK!!!!!
Now to move it over to Gmail. I'm going to use one of the pop services/software like [url]http://www.ypopsemail.com/[/url] or [url]http://fetchyahoo.twizzler.org/[/url] to download the last 8 years of my yahoo email and get the &#^@ out of dodge.

The interesting (crappy) thing is that they reactivated my account 5 days ago and neither the BBB nor Yahoo told me about it. Typical. But as long as I got it all back I'm happy.