Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2005, 01:54 PM
jlee2574x

Thumbs down shut out of account

Ok so I am hoping for some insight. While signed into yahoo messenger an email alert poped up saying "your password has been changed" well of course when I went to sign into my account to see what all this was about because I know I hadn't requested a password change, I of course could not access my email b/c my password had been changed and they had sent the new password to my email account which how am I to get to it if I can not access my email account? So I went to try and request a new password however, I can not remember what exactly information I provided (zip code) when I opened my account forever ago. Since then I have been trying the multiple zip codes I have lived and nothing is working. So someone (nobody has my account info) changed my password on me and I have no way of getting into my account now. I have tried emailing yahoo with this problem but to no avail. Anything?
Old 06-10-2005, 10:38 PM
dford56

Default And ME TOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee2574x
Ok so I am hoping for some insight. While signed into yahoo messenger an email alert poped up saying "your password has been changed" well of course when I went to sign into my account to see what all this was about because I know I hadn't requested a password change, I of course could not access my email b/c my password had been changed and they had sent the new password to my email account which how am I to get to it if I can not access my email account? So I went to try and request a new password however, I can not remember what exactly information I provided (zip code) when I opened my account forever ago. Since then I have been trying the multiple zip codes I have lived and nothing is working. So someone (nobody has my account info) changed my password on me and I have no way of getting into my account now. I have tried emailing yahoo with this problem but to no avail. Anything?

Good Luck, Ive now been locked out for 13 days. try [email]account-security-help@cc.yahoo-inc.com[/email]. They are suppose to email you back and ask questions to help you get into your account. RIGHT!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:26 AM
yahoovictom

Thumbs down victom of yahell

I too am a victom of yahoo..a month ago maybe 2 ,I lost my original ID that I had for 7 years capricornjb lost my groups my friends in my list anything and everything that had to do with that ID ...pics I even trusted yahoo to never lose some were public but most were private....yahoo e-mailed me back telling me I had violated the terms and conditions..no warning no explanation NOTHING ...just shut me out of my ID...now just Saturday morning I get on and try to go in my new ID and find it has been deactivated as well sarah_in_mo65401....yes my profiles contained adult content but they were set to adult and reading the terms and conditions it plainly states a warning that some areas of yahoo have adult content in them...as my groups that I lost with both ID's...all in adult category and all gone....now I'm bein told that there's hackers out there sneaking in and usuing ID's to do their devious deeds which of course fall back on the unsuspecting owner of the ID......it all just royally ticks me off!!
I called one of the numbers posted here for customer service...took me 40 minutes to get thru then another 36 minutes for her to tell me it was the number to call if u forgot ur password...well I didn't forget it...someone locked me out!
Old 06-28-2005, 11:19 PM
dford56

Default SBCYahoo

I got mine back. If you are SBC Yahoo you have to call SBC to get the password reset. Do you have DSL from SBC if you do call them.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:33 PM
yahoovictom

no......unfortunately I'm dial-up.....yahoo sent an e-mail today telling me AGAIN that it appears I violated the terms and conditions....still no explanation as to how and pretty much said that they can and will terminate anyone at will.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:17 AM
Pharaoh

Hmmm, I'm beginning to wonder if the reason so many people's yahoo groups and ID's are getting deleted for no reason is becuz of people hacking??? Becuz this has happened to someone I know, they had their ID deleted for no reason which had his yahoo group on there, so when it deleted his ID it deleted his yahoo group too. This is really getting krazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoovictom
I too am a victom of yahoo..a month ago maybe 2 ,I lost my original ID that I had for 7 years capricornjb lost my groups my friends in my list anything and everything that had to do with that ID ...pics I even trusted yahoo to never lose some were public but most were private....yahoo e-mailed me back telling me I had violated the terms and conditions..no warning no explanation NOTHING ...just shut me out of my ID...now just Saturday morning I get on and try to go in my new ID and find it has been deactivated as well sarah_in_mo65401....yes my profiles contained adult content but they were set to adult and reading the terms and conditions it plainly states a warning that some areas of yahoo have adult content in them...as my groups that I lost with both ID's...all in adult category and all gone....now I'm bein told that there's hackers out there sneaking in and usuing ID's to do their devious deeds which of course fall back on the unsuspecting owner of the ID......it all just royally ticks me off!!
I called one of the numbers posted here for customer service...took me 40 minutes to get thru then another 36 minutes for her to tell me it was the number to call if u forgot ur password...well I didn't forget it...someone locked me out!
Old 06-30-2005, 08:56 PM
tan_fl_legs

Default YES... there are hackers in messenger BIG TIME

Today my "hacker" changed my password and I too am at a loss as to what to do as I cannot remember my information I gave Yahoo as well. Let me tell you what is going on... a HACKER snake, by the name of LEO has developed a program that attaches itself to your computer and it cannot be detected (my computer guy was here for 3 hours on Sunday and could not find it, hence I have to wipe out enverything and begin again). There is a site that very SICK people can "donate" $35 to get it. It gets into your messenger (but as far as I and the police know..yes there were here chatting with the guy who was extorting money from me), and you lose control of it; anytime you change your password, the hacker knows it. There are even programs that will allow him to see your CAM and you would never know it. I came across it Friday when I was cleaning out my archives and saw a name I did not recognize. I then say my nic, password, ID number and what I had written to someone for the past 5 days! I then remembered that whenever I had turned on messenger, something like a fast offline message box came on and my menu liked blinked, but I shrugged it off. THe more I read of my messages, the angier I got. It had a website there YJacked by Leo and its address but it then requested I go to another site from there. I went there and saw all the sick minds who bought this program and I suspect people pleaing as LEO is in charge and will let only certain messages be published on the boards. I was now scared as well as angry so I pmed the HACKER, and in a few minutes he anwered me back. He tols me he had been in my files for 3 months; thought I was cute and wanted to get to see some pics if I sent them or a cam, as well as my ss and cc numbers. I began to panic... I asked him what he had and told me to hold on, and came back telling me he had my identity, and that he was selling it as well as my friends. I called the police and they came and one officer pretended to be me. After an hour, it was determined he could sell my ID to another guy whe was talking to for 120 or to me (as I was cute) for 60 and to send the money to a fake msc via paypal. When we asked for specific info, he told me it would take 2 hours to get, but the officer felt he was bluffing and this was just extortion. He asked for my friends names, and he said to wait, but after 10 minutes the officer said bye, as this was enough. I got an offline from him telling me he had 5 names, but did not say who they were. I changed by password, but it came up via his account again...I then wrote Yahoo and the FBI and maybe he lost his account due to it, hence he changed mine. I just hope he does not change my profile (it is this name) or has taken over my "being" on here. I told most of my friends via email not to use my messenger..but who knows?? I am soooo angry and upset and PLEASE pass this info around to all... people like these need to be stopped and maybe even shot!

Last edited by tan_fl_legs : 06-30-2005 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:52 PM
yahoovictom

doesn't surprise me one bit......I am so totally disappointed and P***** off at yahoo.....I realized the other day that we set up one of our e-mail accounts to handle some transactions on bills...no money goes thru the e-mail account but I'm thanking my lucky stars that I didin't set it up thru yahoo....what ticks me off most is it doesn't matter if u know every detail they want and if u jump thru their hoops to try and get ur stuff back.....that ID violated the terms and conditions so UR the bad guy and u get punished like a child and have it all taken away from u.....personally I'm P***** that yahoo doesn't have better security to protect folks from this happening....it doesn't matter if u type ur password in every time u go in either. but! since I've lost both ID's that were connected directly to my groups and since the reply to my asking yahoo WHY came from yahoo groups....I will NOT open any more groups...if I do it won't be in yahoo!
Old 07-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Pharaoh

Yea that's something that makes me absolutely furious with yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why on earth if, u've totally complied with their terms and conditions, and haven't done a single thing wrong, and someone else comes along and does something to ur group, ID, etc. YOU are the one that get's punished as if it's YOU'RE fault. That doesn't make any sense that u can't even get back YOUR OWN ID, group, etc. or even at least some of it!!!!!!!!!!!! That's yahoo's fault for not having enough security and the way they do things!!!!!!!! And then to top it off, they don't even wanna help u with ur problem!!!!!! They just ignore u!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoovictom
doesn't surprise me one bit......I am so totally disappointed and P***** off at yahoo.....I realized the other day that we set up one of our e-mail accounts to handle some transactions on bills...no money goes thru the e-mail account but I'm thanking my lucky stars that I didin't set it up thru yahoo....what ticks me off most is it doesn't matter if u know every detail they want and if u jump thru their hoops to try and get ur stuff back.....that ID violated the terms and conditions so UR the bad guy and u get punished like a child and have it all taken away from u.....personally I'm P***** that yahoo doesn't have better security to protect folks from this happening....it doesn't matter if u type ur password in every time u go in either. but! since I've lost both ID's that were connected directly to my groups and since the reply to my asking yahoo WHY came from yahoo groups....I will NOT open any more groups...if I do it won't be in yahoo!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:03 PM
YahooFrustrated

Thumbs down Attention Yahoo Mail & Messenger Users!

YAHOO'S MAIL SERVER CRASHED AND HAS NOT OPERATED SINCE JULY 9TH. THIS PROBLEM AFFECTS YAHOO MAIL & MESSENGER USERS!
I am a DSL/SBC user. I have not been able to access my email account since July 9th. I have spent too much time trying to get a competent person who can give me answers. I spent nearly 3 hours on the phone the first day July 9th with an SBC Cust. Rep. resetting passwords, home page defaults, ip addresse ect. over and over again. No Luck, It was now the week end and of course no one is going to deal with it on the week end. It wasn't until July 12th that I finally got some answers. Their mail server had crashed and had been down since July 9th, however they had not addressed the issue or informed Cust. Serv. of problem or status. I found out about the problems with the server from a very knowledgable SBC Cust. Rep. I just happen to get lucky to get a person who cared and took the time to research it. It was not an easy task for this person to get answers and they are part of a Company that owns Yahoo. If their internal Cust. Serv. has problems with getting information, we are out of luck as paying customers. I am so fed up with them ignoring the customerand making it literally impossible to get a hold of them in hopes that we will just give up. There has to be something we can do collectively!

CURRENT STATUS ON MAIL SERVER: The mail server came back up temporarily on July 13th and then crashed again. It is now July 15th and once again the weekend is upon us and I can not access my emails, some of which are very critical. I called Cust. Serv. spent 14 minutes on hold just to get a very incompetent Cust. Serv. person who did not have a clue about this problem and did not seem to care. I had to tell them about the problem and the fact that the mail server had been down since July 9th. The response I got was it is Yahoo's problem not ours.

I am soooooooo! fed up and Mad!

Last edited by YahooFrustrated : 07-15-2005 at 09:12 PM. Reason: typos