Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Alex30

Default I actually got my account back!!!

I actually got my account back! Thanks Yahoo!

I probably got a little lucky that I did not put completely bogus info when I registered 8 years ago. But here is the process that I went through.

1. I called the number 1 408 349 1572, opt 2, opt 2
Told them what happened, they tryed to veryfy info on file over the phone, and that failed. They told me to send a blank email with my yahoo id in the subject to the following address (its not the same that came up on here before): [email]account-security-help@cc.yahoo-inc.com[/email]

2. Sent an email to that address

3. Recieved a reply asking me to reply to those stupid verification questions, so I did.

4. Recieved a reply to answer more question and fax them to some fax number that they gave me. Among the questions was that I had to describe the account (folders, contacts, notes). So I did write like a long paragraph about it, because I had a lot of different folders and such there. Another thing that they had requested was photo ID. So I faxed that info to them.

5. Recieved an email (to alternative one that I have supplied in fax) with a new password

Now keep in mind that took about a week.

Alex
Old 04-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Maresea

Default Getting e-mail sent to GWP

Thanks, Alex, My husband cannot get into his e-mail, so I will try this Monday morning. Maresea (mpfarr@yahoo.com)
Old 04-24-2005, 11:10 PM
mina

Default plzz help me i can't log on to my yahoo email account

people plzz help my i recently changed my password for my yahoo email account and now i'm unable to access my account can someone help me how to fix this problem i tried so many ways to fix this problem but i couldn't becouse i forgoten answer to secret quastion. i also want to find yahoo email customer number but i can't please help me. i thank u from any help in advance
Old 05-03-2005, 11:56 PM
Tamara

Hi Mina... I have the same problem. Please contact me if you find a solution. I've called the customer service number... but they were not helpful at all!!! They can't do anything for you if you don't provide them with an answer to the security question.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:51 AM
misslacee

Default lost account

I too lost my account on Wed. Right now, as we speak, my id is logged ON in msgr. Until I found this forum, i thought there wouldnt be any hope to regaining my account. I didnt lose anything important,thank goodness. and those who know me really well have my back up email addresses. I thought maybe it was my mean and jealous ex husband hacking my computer,but now that Ive read this forum,,, I can actually let him off the hook.

I have sent the blank email w/ my id in the subject field. I am going to try calling cust support tomorrow,and then on Monday if they are closed tomorrow. i just hope i can remember all the answers to the security questions. I have had this account for 7 years, w/o any changes to it.

Bless you once again for providing the info you have!!! you definatly are an ANGEL!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 03:51 PM
mig_eddy

Alex30 do you still have the fax number and questions they asked....
They keep giving me the run around. I recently recieved a virus on my comp and since then I couldnt get back into my account. I could still check through my messenger because i was still logged onto it but once it closed I cant get into anything. And I have all my pictures and stuff saved to this account..

I REALLY REALLY REALLY Need to get back into this account, so I can atleast retrieve my pictures and contacts.

Can anyone help?
I can be contacted at [email]Mig_eddy@yahoo.com[/email] until I can get back into my main account

Last edited by mig_eddy : 05-09-2005 at 03:59 PM. Reason: left out something
Old 05-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Alex30

I can look up the fax number, but try emailing that address, it does take forever, but at least I got it back.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Alex30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex30
I actually got my account back! Thanks Yahoo!

I probably got a little lucky that I did not put completely bogus info when I registered 8 years ago. But here is the process that I went through.

1. I called the number 1 408 349 1572, opt 2, opt 2
Told them what happened, they tryed to veryfy info on file over the phone, and that failed. They told me to send a blank email with my yahoo id in the subject to the following address (its not the same that came up on here before): [email]account-security-help@cc.yahoo-inc.com[/email]

2. Sent an email to that address

3. Recieved a reply asking me to reply to those stupid verification questions, so I did.

4. Recieved a reply to answer more question and fax them to some fax number that they gave me. Among the questions was that I had to describe the account (folders, contacts, notes). So I did write like a long paragraph about it, because I had a lot of different folders and such there. Another thing that they had requested was photo ID. So I faxed that info to them.

5. Recieved an email (to alternative one that I have supplied in fax) with a new password

Now keep in mind that took about a week.

Alex

Ok, let me elaborate of some of the steps. Step 1 is pretty much useless, and only thing that is usefull is the email address. So just send blank email with you Yahoo ID in the subject. Then you would get reply (may take forever though), asking you to answer same stupid 8 question that you don't remember answers to.
Then ONLY after I did not answer all the questions correctly, they send me another email, with more questions and asked me to fax answers to them. here is the text of that e-mail.

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Account Security.

In order to assist you with the account in question, we ask that you
provide the answers to all of the questions below. Yahoo! keeps
detailed records of the information you provided during the registration
of your account. Without an *exact* match we will be unable to assist
you with your account. Fax or send via regular postal mail the
information listed below. (We are sorry for the inconvenience, but in
order to provide proper security for our member accounts, these steps
are necessary.) Please send us all of the following:

* Your name

* An email address where we can contact you -- at this time we are only
able to reply via email.

* Copy of a photo ID (please copy on the lightest setting of your
copier).

* Yahoo! ID

* Permission for Yahoo! to enter your account

* Birthdate on the account

* ZIP code and country

* Your alternate email address

* A description of the account (e.g.: names in the Address Book, folder
names, emails in the in/out box, etc.). Try to describe everything about
the account that makes it personal to you.

Please fax the information to:

(408) 349-7398
Attn: CC Account Security Team

or mail it to:

Yahoo!
attn: Customer Care/Account Security
701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089-1019

For security reasons, if you are unable to supply us with the correct
information in your next request, we will not be able to offer
assistance with this account.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

James

Yahoo! Customer Care - Account Security

[url]http://security.yahoo.com[/url]

New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - better than ever!

Hope this would help, good luck.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:16 PM
rot_in_pieces27

Default Help!!!

Hi my yahoo email account has just been hacked!! how do i get it back??! can anyone help me?!! please email me if you can at [email]rot_in_pieces27@hotmail.com[/email]
Old 06-29-2005, 06:54 AM
Pharaoh

Hey did u get all ur emails back too?