Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2005, 08:18 AM
microfire21

Thumbs down yahoo member password

anyone out there know how to get ahold of a live person to get a new password for the user acct's....i got mail from work coming in an i really need to get into my acct...somehow my password has changed an im kinda in a bind....any help would be great....i have done everything that is in there lil help menus an it hasnt done jack for me anyways thnxz
Old 01-24-2005, 04:27 PM
martha_f_lives

Default same problem please I need to talk to a live person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by microfire21
anyone out there know how to get ahold of a live person to get a new password for the user acct's....i got mail from work coming in an i really need to get into my acct...somehow my password has changed an im kinda in a bind....any help would be great....i have done everything that is in there lil help menus an it hasnt done jack for me anyways thnxz

Same problem, I need to speak to a live person.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:58 PM
cheboinkien

Default same

i too have had my password as well as all of my security info changed. when i brought this to the customer service attention i keep gettin the same automated response. someone has to know how to get around this an help us regain acess to our accounts
Old 02-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Princess99

Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by microfire21

I, am getting the same on my account. For some reason my password got changed. I've been using the search engine trying to get a Yahoo! representative, customer service, and/or email address. Any information to reach them will be helpful. And if I come across something I will let EVERYONE KNOW!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 04:20 PM
babygreeneyes

same is happening to me .my password is changed and info and i havent changed anything.. what do we do or will any one help???
Old 02-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

anyone tried to contact them here [url]http://docs.yahoo.com/info/address/[/url] ?
Old 03-02-2005, 01:49 AM
omyangel

Unhappy frustrated with yahoo problems

I have also experienced the same problems with Yahoo. All of a sudden over a week ago it says my password is invalid. I use the same password all the time and I did not change it. Also same problem when entering personal info to get new password, message says it doesn't match what I have on file. I totally agree, it is very difficult not to enter your own birthdate and zipcode correctly, so what gives? I have emailed Yahoo continually for over a week and all I get are those automated replies that don't have anything to do with the problem I am having. I am so frustrated! Also having same problem with messenger, invalid everything!!
Thank you to the person that posted a customer service phone number for Yahoo, that will be my next step. I have had that account ever since Yahoo came online and all my important mail goes there. If I ever get back into that account I'm certainly going to make a hard copy of my address book too. I printed it once but sure can't find it now, guess just have to learn the hard way...ouch!
Sure hope this can get resolved soon. Please post if anyone has new info on this matter. Thank you very much!
Best Regards

Last edited by omyangel : 03-02-2005 at 02:46 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:59 PM
jzblaze

Hey omyangel,

I just wanted to ask if you are positive what info u initially signed up as. Because since I couldn't give them the correct bday I'm not able to reset my password. It was so long ago that I can't remember if I used a bogus bday or my real one. But if what you say is true and that the personal info may have been changed too(which is not far from the realm of possibility as all our passwords have been changed) then it is even more disturbing. ANd there's some yahoo customer service reps that need to get an earful from me. Let me know what happens when you try that number.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:01 PM
jzblaze

also I wanted to share that my password for email and Messenger went bad after I clicked on a link from an offline message from a friend. My friends have been tellin me that they've been gettin an offline message from me, displaying a link. It's ironic that the link I got this from was from a Yahoo employee. Regardless of whether I get access back I will no longer use any Yahoo services. Messenger, mail, groups, and even fantasy sports. Today is the first day of my Yahoo boycott.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Mr SupportSentry

jzblaze,

sounds to me like you account was hijacked more than anything. There are so many scammers out there today that it is tough to know what emails/messages are real and what are fake. I doubt that Yahoo! will ever send out a link via email or Messenger that you click on to do something. They would most likely ask you to log into your account via the Yahoo! home page and make the changes there. If you or anyone else is ever in doubt, don't click on something. If you do, check the url of the page you are on. I am pretty positive you will find that it is not on the yahoo.com domain. In any case, it sucks that you cannot get back into your account.