Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2006, 10:00 AM
giantsfan13

Post Does anyone know who regulates yahoo's business practices?

If anyone knows this information please let me know. I suspect they probably are not regulated. Anyway I am going to file a class action law suit. I am going to start a petition drive for all of those people who have had thier yahoo accounts shut down by this company and we are going to make them pay for what they have done to so many people. If you would like to be one of those petitioners, reply to this thread. I have a friend who is a state representative. His father was a governer of this state and knows law. He is interested in helping me pursue this. He is tired of big business screwing the little person and I am to.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Carolina77

Arrow shut down?

Hello, I looked into something like this before, but I was directed to the Yahoo! Terms of Service located at the bottom of [url]www.yahoo.com[/url], and that saved me a lot of wasted time and money, there's nothing we can do about Yahoo Shutting down an account if they feel we have violated the TOS in anyway.

Good luck with your class action suit
Old 03-10-2006, 09:07 PM
smartalex

Oh I would DEFINITELY be interested in getting in on this. I just called Yahoo and they wouldn't tell me anything except that I violated their TOS. I asked them what I did and they said they didn't have to tell me. Obviously they have to be able to prove that I violated their TOS in a court of law or their TOS isn't a legal contract and hasn't any legal power whatsoever. So they either must have the info and am not willing to give it to me, or they don't keep it and can't defend themselves in court. Let's hope it's the latter.

The funny thing is that they are still taking money out of my banking account to pay my bills with bill-pay, but I can't get into my billpay account to look at it, change it, or cancel it. That has to help our side in some way, doesn't it?

Really, I just want my emails, briefcase, notes, and photos. MUCH more than the small check I'll get from a successful class action lawsuit. The last 10 years of my life means a lot more than a tiny check. I'd like to file an injunction to keep them from deleting my emails and files and when we win the case force them to give me the information on a CD.

I'd be more than happy to be a part of this. Email me privately so we can discuss how I can be useful. I really want to help. I don't have the connections that you do, nor any legal expertise, but I'm willing to do what it takes to get them. I am at least another victim willing to take the stand.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:04 PM
kwv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina77
Hello, I looked into something like this before, but I was directed to the Yahoo! Terms of Service located at the bottom of [url]www.yahoo.com[/url], and that saved me a lot of wasted time and money, there's nothing we can do about Yahoo Shutting down an account if they feel we have violated the TOS in anyway.

Good luck with your class action suit

And should they be allow to shut down your account even those you know 100% that you didn't violated the TOS?

Because in dealing with Yahoo I feel they have violated their own TOS.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:06 PM
kwv

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan13
If anyone knows this information please let me know. I suspect they probably are not regulated. Anyway I am going to file a class action law suit. I am going to start a petition drive for all of those people who have had thier yahoo accounts shut down by this company and we are going to make them pay for what they have done to so many people. If you would like to be one of those petitioners, reply to this thread. I have a friend who is a state representative. His father was a governer of this state and knows law. He is interested in helping me pursue this. He is tired of big business screwing the little person and I am to.

The following link might help as I lodge a complaint with The BBB and now I just have to wait for the result:

[url]http://www.yahoovictims.com/cgi-bin/D.PL?d=yv.main.bbb[/url]
Old 03-16-2006, 10:43 PM
smartalex

Thank you kwv. I filed a complaint too. They said that they give the companie's 30 days to respond. I sure hope Yahoo doesn't delete my data before then.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:51 PM
smartalex

giantsfan13 I'm still waiting for you to contact me about your lawsuit. I'm sure there are a lot of people here who would like to help with this. Let us know.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:03 AM
kwv

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalex
Thank you kwv. I filed a complaint too. They said that they give the companie's 30 days to respond. I sure hope Yahoo doesn't delete my data before then.

You are welcome smartalex and I hope Yahoo doesn't delete my email accounts because I done the right thing by complaining.

PS Edit for an update I got a email from The BBB

Complaint ID#:
Business Name: Yahoo!

Thank you for contacting the Better Business Bureau. Your complaint was received by the Bureau on March 16, 2006 and has been assigned case# in our files. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

Your complaint has been applied to the following business:
Yahoo!
701 First Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94089-1019

The case has been reviewed and has now been forwarded to the business for their response. This business has until April 7, 2006 to respond to your complaint. You may contact our office after April 7, 2006 to check the status of your complaint.

Last edited by kwv : 03-17-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:48 AM
anchors64

Default Filed a Complaint with the BBB and complaint was Closed

Hi All,
About a month ago I filed a complaint with the BBB and they just closed the case because there was no agreement reached. Good lLuck for those that have also filed a complaint. Let me know what happens.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:42 PM
kwv

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchors64
Hi All,
About a month ago I filed a complaint with the BBB and they just closed the case because there was no agreement reached. Good lLuck for those that have also filed a complaint. Let me know what happens.

anchors64 I will let you how I go and with no agreement being reached was that from one side or both sides and why was no agreement?