Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Hezzie_baby

Default Abuse notification then locked out.

I haven't been on my yahoo account in three and a half weeks. Except once to check my email. But as of lastnight I logged onto my messanger and recieved four Abuse Notifications stating complaints have been filed against me. When I tried to see what they were I was immediatly kicked off of my account. My password no longer works. I don't remember my secret question or answer. And when requesting a new password it tells me my information is incorrect.

I only talk to my friends on messanger and I don't email anyone anymore.

The only thing I've changed on my account recently was my zipcode!. I've emailed yahoo yet they've only told me to email them back with my secret answer and question. Heck if I rememeber I've had this account for 9 years I change my PW every 6 months. This is just fustrating I have emails from friends I haven't seen or talked to in over 5 years, not to mention emails with passwords and group information for my yahoo group.

I can however log into my other yahoo accounts except for that one which leads me to believe it's been hacked, but yet again I don't remember my secret question or answer...
Old 06-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Kim

Exclamation

UT-OH
I just got the same email you're describing....thought it was a hoax
Lovely......considering I get about a gazillion spam mails a month how do I tell which ones are valid and which ones are email tricks to collect info from me????
The above mentioned email was delivered into my spam folder and it had this little paper clip thingy beside it.....so do I start sweating and will I be locked out of my account in 24 hours as the email suggested or was the email some kind of spam??????
BTW....I use my free yahoo email account for the dog rescue I run
We use the free account because every penny we save gives us more money to help our rescued friends
Needless to say......if they close that account we're ina REAL JAM!!!

Last edited by Kim : 06-17-2006 at 08:32 PM. Reason: TYPO