Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Ughster

Default Yahoo webhosting deleted

I previously had webhosting service with yahoo, as well as a domain name.

Yestererday my site went down, so i logged onto yahoo to see if i could figure out the problem, and the whole webhosting portion of my account had been deleted, even though my last payment was just a few hours before hand. after a bit of digging through my yahoo email, i finally noticed an E-Mail from about a week before stating that there had been some copyright infringment that i was not aware of (my site was an open forum with over 250 members, so it was likely something someone posted).

While perhaps it is my fault for failing to notice the E-Mail, I wrote both their customer service and the copyright department about the situation, politely requesting a chance to comply with their request to remove the content, or at the least a chance to make a back up of some of the data i had on the server.

I received 2 differnt responses, one of which stated it was a billing issue, and another of which told me to talk to the company who was making the copyright complaint, which makes no sense to me at all? that company cant put my site back online.

If I lose my data, i can rebuild the site, but Yahoo still has the domain, and without that all my members wont know what happened to the site.

Should I call their customer service or what? Or is this just one of those situations you cant do anything about.

any suggestions are appreciated

Last edited by Ughster : 09-07-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:36 PM
thain

My instinct here would be to (a) talk to the company who made the copyright complaint, so that you can tell Yahoo that the issue is resolved; and then (b) keep plugging away at Yahoo Customer Service by email until they put the site back up, or at least give you the domain back.

Large companies are highly litigation-sensitive. If there's any suspicion of a possibility of being taken to court, their easiest route is to just pull the plug. They won't even consider doing anything to help you until you can show them evidence that they are 110% safe from prosecution.

But I wouldn't give up.