Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2006, 11:47 PM
timguba

Angry Can't log in to my Yahoo account.

I was logged into my account the other evening. In the morning, all I was issued were error messages when trying to login to my account. I followed all the "helpful" information that Yahoo provides (as miniscule as it is) without success until I was eventually locked out of my own account. Today, the same crap.
Now I am getting quite upset, disgusted and edging toward furious.
Yahoo is unresponsive, except for their lame robot autoresponders, which are absolutely ineffective.
Can SOMEONE help me?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:51 AM
kishmu

Hello,

I am not sure if you were a victim of phishing. I lost my password through [url]http://geocities.com/pics_of_my_vacation_2006[/url] that came in from a friend in Yahoo Messenger. Coming from a friend, and seeing a yahoo password entry screen I carelessly gave my password away. How would geocities allow this I am amazed.

I sent several abuse notifications to Geocities and now this site is pulled down. It took them two days, during the time which I am sure several people would have already lost their passwords.

I emailed yahoo security a few times and now have a response back. I don't remember exactly what my secret answer is because it is now 8 years since I registered the account. Yahoo is unable to help becuase they don't have *all* the answers they want. Its a shame I cannot access my own emails and the hacker is using it to see what some photos of my family? I am losing my sleep because of all this.

Hope Yahoo can help me at least by disabling the account or allow me to reset my password by sending instructions to my *original* alternate address.

Sorry to rant what happened to me without doing much to help you. I suggest that you reply to those automated responses as much as you can until they notice (as some other member suggests). I did the same and got a reply back. Perhaps you remember the answer to all their security questions.

Kishmu