Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2006, 09:20 AM
evisional

Default New password is never sent to my alternative emails

This morning, I tested 'Forgot Password' feature. I supplied My Date of Birth, Post code, Country, and email, then requested send new password to my alternative email but no password has been sent to my alternative yet. I repeated many times but frustrated to retreive new passsword. Now I cannot log in to my Yahoo email. It is an 8 years-old email with a lot Important information and contacts

Then, I created a new Yahoo account and tested 'Forgot Password' feature again with this new email. I added an alternative email to my this email account. New password has been sent to my alternative email. I decided to add addtional alternative email to this new account and tested 'Forgot Password' once more time. This time, no new password has been sent to my alternative emails.

Now I conclude that if there are more than ONE alternative email for an Yahoo account, when you request new password, no password will be sent to alternative mails (or primary email). This may be a Yahoo Mail bug??

Anyone knows this and can you help me how to retrieve password for my old email. I REALY need it because it is VERY IMPORTANT.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2006, 03:21 AM
evisional

Get back password after calling Yahoo Customer Care Office (Cali). Very quick after few verfication questions.

call: 1-866-562-7219

Last edited by evisional : 09-02-2006 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:07 PM
jmonheim

you alternet email has to be a non yahoo account