Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Salome

Default I cannot create a user room

Hello,

I really hope that someone can help me. For over a year now I have not been able to create a user room on yahoo. I contacted the online help and all they told me was to uninstal messenger and then reinstall. I've done that several times already and it hasn't helped. I noticed that I cannot create a room in yahoo java chat or on yahelite. Can anyone help me? I called yahoo customer service and the dude could barely speak english. He told me to contact the yahoo online support...which is what I started with. I am VERY Frustrated.

Amber
Old 02-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Hi Amber,

Unfortunately this sounds like one of those rare problems that only happens to a few people so Yahoo is unlikely to be able to fix it. What I would suggest is seeing if you can log in on a friends computer and then see if you are able to start a room. If you can then you know its certainly something on your computer and not with your screenname. If you are unable then you may have to create a new screen name. What happens when you try to create a user room?

Admin
Old 02-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Mr SupportSentry

Amber, you may want to try another client program like [url=http://www.trillian.cc/]Trillian[/url]. Trillian can handle AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Messenger, ICQ and others all in one program. You get the exact same functionality as you do with AOL's program, but you can also chat it up with friends on other services as well. I used the chat room feature the other night no problem with Trillian as well.