Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > SBC Customer Service Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2005, 05:41 PM
carmen

Angry Disgusted with SBC!!!

I moved about a month ago. I called to place my new order for phone service in the middle of June. I found out at the end of June that my order was never placed. I had to call back four times to actually get my internet service working. I spent aprroximately four hours on the phone with very nice but unhelpful representatives. Everyone was appologetic, yet no one got anything done. People were impatient and thought that they had the answer for everything. I then had to have SBC out for a second time to place my additional line because they couldn't figure out multiple requests on one order. I now have a fax line that sends faxes, but does not receive them. I bought a new fax machine just in case, but that wasn't it. I then called SBC AGAIN and was told that I may have to pay a $55 charge if there is a problem on a line that has never worked properly since it was installed. And, as if this wasn't enough of a headache, I realized that my caller ID and call waiting were never added to my main phone line. Don't even get me started about my internet service. All told i have spent about 5-6 hours on the phone and wasted three days waiting around for SBC to come and fix what should have been right in the first place. The bottom line is you can be as nice as you want and apologize until the cows come home, but if you never are able to correctly fix the service then it doesn't matter. Given this, I am completely disgusted with SBC's overall customer service. I am sick to death of explaining the same thing to seven people after I've been through an automated system and twenty minutes of being on hold. If it wasn't for creating an even bigger headache, I would leave SBC. I cannot imagine how a business can run efficiently if I cannot even get simple problems resolved. Overall, I think SBC is a joke. I will not recommend SBC for phone or internet service based on my ridiculous experience. Plus my phone lines are static at that!! I give up. I just think that someone should know how badly I have been treated and what poor customer service that is offerred.