Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2005, 06:19 AM
sarahlou31

Exclamation Someone hacked my account

Someone apparently hacked my account and changed my password and user information and alternate e-mail so i can't even get a new password sent to me. I can't get yahoo to send me a reply to help me out. Any suggestions?
Old 02-18-2005, 09:30 PM
bob1

Angry

Same thing happened to me yday. I emailed yahoo customer service. No response. I called them today on the number posted here. Got a rep who said I needed to give them my birthdate that I have on my account for tehm to do anything.

Without that , they cannot help. I had set it up so long ago, I dont know what birthdate I gave them, so looks like I have lost my yahoo account to somebody else for good.

need to ask them to disable it so it isnt misused.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Blairwood

Default Someone Hacked My Account

Someone hacked my account also. Stole my password and then changed it so I can't access it. I couldn't retrieve it by entering the requested information. This happened to me seveal days ago. I opened a new account, but I have lost all my saved correspondence and address book. They also have hacked some credit card accounts as well and obtained my bank account information and credit card accounts.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:05 AM
mel6178

Angry me too

Someone must have hacked into my account too. But they changed my birthday and other information cause yahoo willnot let me reset my password at all. When i emailed them they said bascially they cant help me because my b day i gave is invailed. GRR what the ****
Old 02-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Mr SupportSentry

have any of you received an email from Yahoo! lately asking you to update your account or anything of that nature?
Old 05-21-2005, 05:00 PM
BraveKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel6178
Someone must have hacked into my account too. But they changed my birthday and other information cause yahoo willnot let me reset my password at all. When i emailed them they said bascially they cant help me because my b day i gave is invailed. GRR what the ****

I thought that the user name and birthdate could not be changed?

Also I got an email one time from someone pretending to be yahoo asking for my password. Their email address was something like [email]yahoo_admin@emailaccount.com[/email].
Old 12-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Anicrusix

Default yeah

my ex-girlfriend hacked my account and i've been trying to get it back for months! i have been trying to figure out the program she uses to do it. i'm not the only one she's done this to. yahoo wants me to send them a copy of my drivers liscence and as much about my account and contact lists and people on my messenger that i can. problem is, it's been so long that i can't remember a whole lot! so here i find this topic while searching for answers. help....please.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:40 PM
txironhorse

Unhappy Same bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveKnight
I thought that the user name and birthdate could not be changed?

Also I got an email one time from someone pretending to be yahoo asking for my password. Their email address was something like [email]yahoo_admin@emailaccount.com[/email].

did anything ever become of your account yahoo refuses to return any mail i send them and I can not only get into my e-mail account but also my companies web page...any ideas?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2006, 05:39 PM
j26mol

Same ordeal for me, its actually been 4 months without yahoo doing anything, like u said ebay/paypal had everything taken care of within a hr, including my credit card company actions were very quick, but yahoo, no replies but thier surveys which of course i bash them each time. yahoo is a disgrace and will never use them again
Old 01-25-2006, 09:23 PM
braininabox

Default more common than i thought

I guess Yahoo destroying someone's account is more common than I thought. What irks me is that I have two Yahoo accounts, and I attempted accessing one; I admit, I had forgotten the password, so Yahoo had me fill in the password questionnaire. And then deleted the password on my primary account, the same one I had used not thirty seconds prior. That was a week ago, and I have gotten a slew of 'responses' from Yahoo all asking who my 'childhood hero' was (because apparently that was my secret password question - ahem, I chose 'pet' when I created my Yahoo accounts). And I thought this was a just me thing, I did not know it was this serious with Yahoo. And thanks to whomever it was that posted the Yahoo customer service number (sorry I do not remember your name, but you should go down in history as a god or something for figuring that one out). I am about to give them several odd phone calls until I get some help.

R.