Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2006, 04:03 PM
robbilayne

Default NO Yahoo since 10/12/06

I cannot log on to anything yahoo since 10/12/06 either, including my email, but my daughter 20 miles away can. I'm in Missouri. I tried calling 866 562 7219, but the automated voice said the only customer service available to 'free yahoo users' is online at their help center. Of course, since I cannot log on to ANYTHING yahoo, I can't access that either. Any suggestions? LOL...using [email]robbilayne@myway.com[/email] for the moment or maybe forever?
Old 10-14-2006, 11:01 PM
redtabby789

Unhappy Same here

You are not alone. I still am not able to log in. I am also not able to create a new account.

I am looking into signing up for gmail as we speak and just starting elsewhere. I'm sad. You would think, if other people were having the same problem, they would issue some statement about what happened and how long it will take for them to fix things. But , then, they never do that.

It is weird that it is so quiet though. I've seen answers get flooded with one question after another about "whats wrong with yahoo" or "why cant I use messenger" if something goes wrong. I keep checking answers and nobody has said a word about it that I can tell. I can lurk but can't sign in to ask myself.

It is odd that when I check answers or 360 pages of other people who are apparently logged in, nobody is complaining or mentioning this at all. MOst of my friends have been posting new blogs as if they have no trouble.

If you all hadnt posted here I would have thought it was just me.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Sastella

Default Mediacom = no Yahoo

I'm in Missouri too, using Mediacom as my internet service provider. I have not been able to access Yahoo since 10/12 either. The problem is with Mediacom. Apparently, the geniuses of that brain-trust can't get their settings in sync with Yahoo.

Mediacom has been nothing but problems and if anybody has any alternatives to offer, I'm all ears. I'm considering dial-up, I'm so p.o'd at them.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:41 PM
redtabby789

Angry yep, that must be it

because I have mediacom too. and I havent been able to sign in to yahoo 360 or check my yahoo email since wednesday night 10-11-2006.

I have a number of issues with mediacom. my cable phone has been out since last sunday 10-8-2006 and they cant even send a repairman til this friday,10-19-2006... and that took about 6 hours on the phone within 3 days of calling,being put on hold, and getting cut off, before I could evn get them to do that for me. 6 emails to their customer service went unanswered.

I am looking into verizon dsl. Its just the down time while switching will be such a hassel.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:47 PM
highflight1985

I too am a Mediacom customer and cannot log into Yahoo. I'm currently on hold waiting for a Mediacom Support Representative. Doubt this will yield me any results...If it does, I'll post here.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
melandtroyus

I too have mediacom, today for the first time I can go to yahoo.com, and I see I have new emails, I just can't read them or click on any news links or anything!!

Mel
Old 10-17-2006, 01:46 AM
knightoftears

Same here. I am in south Georgia, and I have Mediacom with the same problem. I can't get on anything yahoo. I have cleared all cookies and temp internet files, and done everything I could think of with no results. Looking more like an ISP problem to me. Maybe I should call them...
Old 10-17-2006, 02:06 AM
knightoftears

I got through to my technical support line and the recorded message said this "We are currently experiencing problems with the following modems Arris 402G, and Motorola 5220, these modems are not able to access websites Yahoo and Xbox live, we are currently working on a solution to the problem and hope to have it fixed soon"
Old 11-06-2006, 05:16 PM
blackmelo

Default I hope yahoo read this

Hi ppl,
just thought I'd chime in to the general frustration going about at the moment.

I just want to say that I have been a yahoo email user for a good 10 years now and for a reason, up till now they have been the best.

I do say up till now, because for the past 2 weeks yahoo has been performing at such low standards, I've been tempted to throw the computer against a wall several times.

I just keep getting error messages after error messages trying to send mail. It's plain frustrating and I am so close to going elsewhere.

Is this a temporary fuck-up, does any1 know or is the yahoo I once knew gone for good ?