Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2006, 09:48 PM
anchors64

Unhappy Reply to post 'Does anyone know who regulates yahoo's business practices?'

This is what the report looks like. Even thou they said no one can hack into my account and change my security question and alternate email address someone did!

COMPLAINT ACTIVITY REPORT Case # 245884 Better Business Bureau of Silicon Valley

Consumer Info:
Robinson, Kathleen
2507 Bushy Pine Court
Charlotte, NC 28273

Business Info: Yahoo!
701 First Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94089-1019
408-349-7172

Location Involved: (Same as above)

Consumer's Original Complaint :
On 02/5/06 I logged into my account with yahoo.
On 02/6/06 I sat at my desk and saw that my Yahoo
IM wasn't working correctly. I clicked on to log-in , my password was already stored. It said incorrect password. Then I tried to log into my yahoo email accnt and the same thing happened.
I called yahoo and not only was my password changed and IM but my security answer and alternate email address was to. They willn't let me back into my account. I need the information to get back into my account. Im asking them to change my password and then I will change it once Im logged in. I have a business and I need those contacts in my address book.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
Giving me a new password to log into my account and then change my password and security question/answer along with my alternate email.

BBB Processing

02/09/2006 web BBB Complaint Received by BBB
02/09/2006 VA BBB Yahoo/HP Complaint Validated
02/09/2006 Otto EMAIL Send Acknowledgement to Consumer
02/09/2006 Otto EMAIL Inform Yahoo/HP of Complaint
02/11/2006 BBB MORE INFO RECEIVED FROM THE CONSUMER : Now also my bank account with Bank of America has been hacked into in which I called them and reported it and now they are sending me a new bank debit card.
03/06/2006 OttO BBB No response to first notice to member
03/06/2006 OttO EMAIL Consumer - Have You Heard From the Company
03/06/2006 OttO EMAIL Second Notice to Member Business
03/06/2006 WEB BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : Account privacy and security is an important concern of Yahoo!. One of the ways we protect accounts from unauthorized access is by denying account assistance to individuals who contact us but are unable to match the information that was entered during the registration process.
When registering for a Yahoo! account, we ask for a minimal amount of information. We need to be able to verify *all* the information currently registered on your account in order to assist with access to it. We will not be able to make changes, issue a new password, or delete the account if that verification information does not match.
We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but we adhere to these guidelines in order to protect the privacy and security of all our user's accounts.
If you are unable to provide this information, you do have the option of opening a new account.
03/06/2006 VA EMAIL Forward Business response to Consumer
03/07/2006 VA BBB RECEIVED CONSUMER REBUTTAL : To whom it may concern,
I still haven't settled this with Yahoo and I'm still unable to verify my [email]anchors64@yahoo.com[/email] account due to the fact that it was hacked by someone else.
Kathleen Robinson
03/07/2006 VA EMAIL Forward Consumer Rebuttal to Business
03/08/2006 WEB BBB RECEIVED BUSINESS' REBUTTAL RESPONSE : Ms. Robinson has not been able to verify the account registration data. Per our Privacy Policy we cannot grant Ms. Robinson access to the account. A hacker cannot change the original records in the account and that is the data we use to verify.
03/08/2006 VA EMAIL Send Consumer Rebuttal - No New Offer - AJR
03/08/2006 Otto EMAIL Inform Business - Case Closed AJR
03/08/2006 Otto BBB Case Closed AJR
03/08/2006 VA BBB ReOpen the Complaint
03/08/2006 VA BBB RECEIVED CONSUMER REBUTTAL : I've already opened another account with yahoo since I couldn't verify the information. The reason I was unable to verify it is because my password and security question was changed. When I opened the account my question was "What is your pets name?" I need my emails sent to my new account for business purposes if that is all possible. If they can send it to [email]mamamiau2001@yahoo.com[/email]
03/08/2006 VA EMAIL Forward Consumer Rebuttal to Business
03/09/2006 WEB BBB RECEIVED BUSINESS' REBUTTAL RESPONSE : Emails cannot be transferred from an account that cannot be verified. Also, the security questions cannot be changed.
03/09/2006 VA EMAIL Send Consumer Rebuttal - No New Offer - AJR
03/09/2006 Otto EMAIL Inform Business - Case Closed AJR
03/09/2006 Otto BBB Case Closed AJR

Last edited by anchors64 : 03-18-2006 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Add More to it
Old 03-28-2006, 11:27 PM
smartalex

Default I got my life back!!

Woo hoo!!!! I think the BBB thing worked!!!!

I got my life back!!!! YAY!!!!

Of course they reactivated my account 5 days ago and never told me. Not even the BBB. I only found out by calling Yahoo when I found out that they charged me $19.99 on my credit card for joining mail plus, when of course I didn't join it. And the second CSR asked me if I tried my account recently. So I tried it, password was wrong, and eventually I remembered my new password and it worked!!!!

Thanks to all here on this forum, especially to giantsfan13 and kwv.
God bless the BBB!!

giantsfan13, I would STILL like to get those &@($ards so if I can help with your lawsuit you let me know.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:25 PM
westportmaine

Default Yahoo - Please Get 'em

Thank you for starting this petition. I have had many hours of frustration with Yahoo and at present have not been able to send or receive email for 5 days. They are apparently unreachable by phone.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:35 PM
westportmaine

Default Yahoo Phone Numer?

Smartalex - Did you find a phone number to call Yahoo? I have been unsuccessfully searching forever. If you have, would you please pass it on to me? Even though I filed a BBB compaint, trying to reach them by phone might get faster action. And I'm desperate!! Thanks - Mary-Anne
Old 04-17-2006, 07:00 PM
smartalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by westportmaine
Smartalex - Did you find a phone number to call Yahoo? I have been unsuccessfully searching forever. If you have, would you please pass it on to me? Even though I filed a BBB compaint, trying to reach them by phone might get faster action. And I'm desperate!! Thanks - Mary-Anne
You're at the right place. The number is all over this forum. (408)349-1572 I don't know why you haven't been able to find it. Did you search for it? If you looked at my previous posts you would find it quite easily. But it's useless anyway. Yahoo customer service isn't helpful at all. Keep at the BBB. Follow their instructions. Respond and reply to them. They are your advocate in this. It's their job to help you. And they did help me.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:29 PM
westportmaine

Cool Thanks!

smartalex - oops - thought I read everything but I was so thrilled to find people with similar problems and complaints I guess I missed it. Thank you for your quick reply - as you can imagine this has been driving me nuts for 5 days now...........Mary-Anne