Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2005, 05:07 PM
dford56

Angry dford56

Does anyone know why this locking out of password is happening? I too used my e-mail and then went back a short time later to find invalid password. And a call to the telphone support was little help they say just to wait on the e-mail.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Mr SupportSentry

I think there are a lot of people out there trying to sniff passwords and use malicious software (aka spyware) to capture logins and passwords. It is prudent at this point to make sure you have some kind of anti-virus software, anit-spyware software (like the yahoo! toolbar) and use the secure login option when you log in to Yahoo! services.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Werner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dford56
Does anyone know why this locking out of password is happening? I too used my e-mail and then went back a short time later to find invalid password. And a call to the telphone support was little help they say just to wait on the e-mail.
I had the same problem today. I'm furious. I have a lot of contacts, and emails, on it, plus the 5 or 6 years that I've had the address - I don't want to have to go through the hassle of changing my primary email address. I mean, obviously I have others, but I don't want to use them primarily.

I dispatched an email to Y! Support using my GMail account as my "point of contact". If anyone's phone conversations work, please let me know. I want/need to get into my inbox.

Thanks!
Werner
Old 06-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Werner

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveboo
I have searched the Yahoo site over and over trying to find some link to customer service and have miserabely failed. I receiver an e-mail from service@yahoo telling me that my e-mail account was going to be suspended in the subject line but when I opened the e-mail, I couldn't read it because it was infected with a virus. All I want to know is why my account is being suspended and I couldn't find any kind of contact info, so thabks from the bottom of my heart.

Boo
Likely, if it contained a virus, it was a spoof. Your account probably isn't being suspended.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:48 AM
Trey

Werner is 100 % correct,I have seen a lot of these of late,always with a ominous warning in the subject line that tries to scare you to open it,always with a forged e-mail header.

Almost all ISP's will not send you a notification that your account is being closed,they just do it and then you have to call them and find out why.

Secondly people,why in the world would they send you a e-mail with a zip attachment ?...first off if you open attachments your asking for it,and I mean from anyone including friends,do you know if your Friends computer is clean,do you know that some Trojans and/or viruses go right for the persons address book and sends it's self out to everyone in it ?.....I have two people that I will open attachments from because they are knowledgeable on security measures and know to protect their machines from attack,that's it,some friends I delete thier e-mail with out opening it and I tell them do not send attachments becuase it will not be read

Why does anyone in this day and age not have a virus scan that checks
e-mail,Trojan protection,and a firewall ?..it's too bad that the internet has come to this in just a few short years but the sad truth is you have to protect your self,A word of warning to those who are lax about this,ISP's are at the point to where if your running a zombie box your account is going to be suspended till you fix it,mine(Adelphia Cable is doing this now) I hate spam and It makes me more upset from my own ISP's domain,and yes I report every single piece of spam and every connection attempt made from my ISP's domain.I would wager that 90% of those IP addy's the owner doesn't even know that they are infected.

Bottom line is this take responsibility for your own security,don't believe that e-mail is from who it purports to be and if you get a e-mail over 45KB in size or it has a attachment delete it,size alone is a big tip off that you have been sent a virus.

Educate yourself and at the least get one of those all in one security suites that a lot of ISP's are offering,it's better than nothing.

~Trey~
Old 06-15-2005, 04:05 PM
dford56

Default Protection

I have a firewall, antivirus and everything else under the sun. My account still was stolen. I think its something on Yahoo side.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:48 PM
wnagatani

Default Password Invalid

I have the same problem. Thanks for the cust svc number post. I initally called SBC but the number but after 20 min they said yahoo is the only people that can help - and they gave me a number to call - disconnected. I found this post and they were helpful - said that the form is looking for an sbcglobal.net domain for the ID. Since I am a Prodigy customer (bought by Pac Bell, bought by SBC, yada), prodigy tier 2 tech support can help. He transferred me and THAT number is disconnected. So I am back on hold here.

Anyone else have that explanation for the "invalid password" issue?
Old 11-01-2005, 11:08 AM
funkeytut

Default e-mail problems with yahoo

Seems were all in the same boad e-mail wise. Yesterday I got a invalad password message from yahoo. Same pass Ive used for a long time. Messenger didnt work either. Got a new one sent to me and now messenger works but e-mail? NOPE.........cant get it to work at all.......driving me crazy. What to do cant find a way to reach a human there and they dont respond to messeges at all.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:07 PM
funkeytut

Thumbs down I too have everything under the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dford56
I have a firewall, antivirus and everything else under the sun. My account still was stolen. I think its something on Yahoo side.

Ya me too I also have enough security software to stop most anything that is thrown at me.........still have no yahoo e-mail. I believe its something that has happend at there end. I also have the obligatory e-mail saying were working on it........wait 12 to 48 hrs....yup you betcha.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Reaper

Spam and phishing are the top annoyances for email these days. Chances are that Yahoo really isn't going to contact you personally. So if you DO get what appears to be an email from them, hover your cursor over the link they send. If its not similiar to [url]www.yahoo.com[/url], chances are that its a phish. If you are not sure then go to yahoo's site on a separate browser and email them the link you have gotten or forward the email to [email]spoof@yahoo.com[/email] and see what they make of it.

Btw people, if you get a forwarded message from your friends in messenger saying that Yahoo is going to close your account if they don't recieve this message, DON'T PASS IT ON. People get bored these days and make up these stupid stories about yahoo closing accounts. This will never happen along with Yahoo going to charge everyone money to use Messenger. Message your friend and tell them to stop being so stupidly gullable.